Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a warm, safe, and wonderful time celebrating. My husband and I are pretty classic introverts, so we spent the evening in our comfy clothes watching Netflix (and I was knitting too, of course). True to form, we both fell asleep on the couch long before midnight. It was pretty perfect.
Looking back, 2015 was a wonderful year of knitting and crafting. I didn’t have a lot of goals at the start of the year. But, knitting and crafting ended up being a huge comfort as I was coping with the loss of my mom. I learned a lot and became more confident in my skills.
In 2016, I am hoping to continue learning and developing my skills. Here are some general goals that I have in mind:
- Knitting a sweater for my husband
- Knitting a pullover for Little One
- Knitting more sweaters, shawls and hats for me!
- Spinning some natural colored fiber and experimenting with natural dyes (from plants around our property) – eventually I hope to put some of this in my Etsy shop
- Spinning alpaca, and some other fiber types
- Repurposing the yarn from a thifted sweater
- Sewing functional, well-fitting garments for Little One
- Repurposing fabrics from old garments to make new ones
I am not going to make goals about knitting or making from stash because I know I can’t keep them. I am working on planning more, finishing projects, and making little things that use stash, and it’s going well and helping control my stash.
Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, fun and productive 2016!